7 common habits that destroy our kidneys
1. Protein food increases the load on the kidneys
- One of the main functions of the kidneys – the output of urea from the blood, which is formed by the digestion of protein. If you eat a lot of meat or eggs, increasing the load on the kidneys, it is bad for the health of the kidneys. May eventually deteriorate their ability to filter blood. To properly calculate the normal amount of protein in the diet, there is a very simple formula – divide your body weight in kilograms by 2 and you get the optimal number of grams of pure protein in the daily diet.
- For example, if your weight – 80 kg, the day you need to eat less than 40 grams of pure protein. Such an amount of proteins contained in 200 grams of beef or 4 chicken eggs.
2. Working and not having a rest when you sick – impair the health of the kidneys.
- Do you cough? You have a runny nose and a slight indisposition? Headache and appetite? Urgently go to the doctor and enjoy a treatment for colds. Even when you think that the cold is transferred easily to your kidneys bear heavy loads.
- Many people do not pay much attention to the common cold, but that’s not good. Within a week you will feel better, but your kidneys will carry a heavy load. Therefore prevention of colds – it is always prevention of kidney disease.
3. Large salt intake – harm the kidneys
- The salt contains sodium – a chemical element that directly affect blood pressure. The more salt you eat, the harder your kidneys withdraw excess sodium. The constant excess of permissible standards leads to high blood pressure, ie hypertension – the most common disease in our country.
- Most of the salt you can not refuse, it is an essential element in our daily diet. But what is the rate of salt intake for a healthy person? On this question in each state meet in their own way. I personally think that 5 grams a day – this is normal. But be careful, almost all of our food from milk to bread manufacturers put a huge amount of salt.
4. Sweet drinks heavily loaded with buds
- According to the research, consumption of large quantities of popular soft drinks gives undue burden on the kidneys. All these colas are poison to our body. It simply is not adapted to the digestion of such chemicals.
- And how much soda you can drink without fear of harm to the health of the kidneys? US studies were conducted on groups of people who use about two cans of soda a day. Translated into the metric system – a little more than 0.5 liters. Within three years, the analysis shows the high content of protein in the urine of these people, and this – the beginning of kidney failure.
5. Long-term use of drugs can cause kidney failure
- If you have a headache and you immediately take a pill. The first symptoms of the common cold and you immediately run to the drugstore for the advertised drug. For any reason you are taking the pill. Then do not be surprised if one day you will give up a kidney.
- And what about the treatment of colds, which also harms the kidneys? To do this, there are simple recipes that are available to everyone. It is not necessary to treat simple diseases of costly drugs.
6. Dehydration is bad for the health of the kidneys
- Do you feel thirst all the time? Drink water, do not suffer, if you have the opportunity to buy a simple mineral water, juice or other beverage. For the normal functioning kidneys need plenty of water, about 2.5 liters per day for a healthy adult. It is water and there is no different teas and coffee to filter out all the “bouquet” of substances contained in these drinks, the kidneys need more water.
- Do not forget that some of the water you lose through sweat. On hot days or during exercise, such as workouts in the gym, always keep with you a bottle of water. Why suffer thirst, if you have access to fresh water.
7. Alcohol and cigarettes – large kidney injury
- All of us know about the dangers of tobacco and alcohol, but few understand the details. Ethyl alcohol results in precipitation of urea in the renal tubules, our main filter becomes clogged and unable to perform its normal function. High blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack risk – all this becomes a reality, if not get rid of bad habits.